This symposium will examine how journalists can better report on faith and how faith leaders and opinion makers can encourage the inclusion of religious perspectives in the news.
Two speakers who have attended major women’s rights meetings at the United Nations addressed a reception following a service held at the Baha’i Temple in Sydney on 24 March to mark International Women’s Day.
The US State Department’s annual International Religious Freedom Report, published in July, commented favourably on the current state of religious freedom and interfaith relations in New Zealand.
Voices raised in harmony adorned the opening of a World Religion Day celebration attended by a capacity audience at the Baha’i Centre of Learning in Brisbane on 3 February 2013.
World Interfaith Harmony Week was launched in Melbourne at Parliament House, on Friday, 1 February 2013
MANILA, Philippines - A Philippine-sponsored resolution promoting inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue for global peace and understanding has received strong backing from United Nations, the Dept. of Foreign Affairs said Monday.
The Australian Council of Christians and Jews has announced the Australian Catholic University in Brisbane as the venue for the organisation’s 2013 regional conference.
Being the last day of school for many Queensland students, Dr Mohamad Abdalla took the opportunity at a Friday sermon to deliver an impassioned appeal to the young boys and girls in the congregation to embrace their identity in this country both as Muslims and as Australians
As part of the 2013 Australia Day Festival, to be held at the Parklands, Southbank, Brisbane a Celebration of Faiths event will be held.
During November the NZ Herald continued its increased coverage on religious diversity with a focus on the diverse faiths in Auckland.
Gopalkrishna Gandhi, former Governor of the Indian State of West Bengal and grandson of Mahatma Gandhi was the Chief Guest at the third Mother Teresa Interfaith meeting held on Sunday, November 18 at 3 pm at the Christ the King Church, Mt Roskill in Auckland.
The Interfaith Centre of Melbourne will conduct a one-day interfaith seminar on The Art of Living and Dying, examining how different religious traditions meet with these challenges.
The Hindu Council of New Zealand have provided a guide to celebrating Deepavali (Deepawali, Diwali) for official functions.Last Updated on Oct172012
The Multicultural Development Association of Queensland (MDA) hosted a community information session organised by Brisbane’s Rohingya community.
Representatives of seven of the world’s major religions read from their sacred scriptures at an International Day of Peace interfaith service at the Baha’i Temple in Sydney, Australia, on 22 September.
MANILA, Philippines—Amid fresh outbreaks of sectarian violence in the Middle East, President Benigno Aquino III on Friday rallied Filipinos to do their part in bringing peace to the country, which is still wracked by Muslim secessionism and communist insurgency.
A LOCAL Islamic group said Friday that there is no enough justification on the attack by protesters on the United States consulate in Benghazi that killed an American ambassador and three embassy staffs.
United States President Barack Obama's special assistant Joshua DuBois will be in the Philippines for a two-day visit from September 4 to 6 to tackle human trafficking issues with faith-based organizations in the country.
Loujaya Toni is one of three women to win seats in the 111-member PNG Parliament in the recent election. The last Parliament had just one female, the Queensland-born PNG political veteran Dame Carol Kidu.
The Catholic Church in Fiji expressed support of the government's principle of a secular state.
Calls for Fiji to become an officially Christian state have been rejected by one of the country's main Hindu groups.
The Waikato Interfaith Council (WIFCO) received a 2012 New Zealand Diversity Award for their outstanding contribution to promoting interfaith relations and religious diversity in New Zealand last month.
Awakening the Dreamer - Changing the Dream Symposium will be conducted at the Brahma Kumaris Retreat Centre in Frankston, Victoria on Saturday October 6th from 11am-4pm
The Week of Prayer for World Peace is an opportunity for people of all faiths to pray in their own gatherings or with people of other faiths for world peace. The Week will be observed in New Zealand from 14-21 October.
On Saturday August 25, the Dominion Post newspaper published a story about the decision by Lower Hutt’s Dowse art gallery to run an exhibition, part of which would be off-limits to men. Banning blokes from watching footage of Muslim women at home without their veils could count as sex discrimination, the paper reported.
A three day residential leadership training program for young leaders of a variety of faiths will be held in Kyneton, Victoria, during February, 2013.
The B'nai Brith Anti Defamation Commission aims to promote respect and justice and oppose racism and hatred. They run many programs one of which is a Multifaith Future Leaders Program.Last Updated on Sep032012
The Victorian Interfaith Networks will conduct a grassroots conference on Sunday, 28 October at the Fitzroy Town Hall, Melbourne.Last Updated on Sep032012
Venerable Thich Tinh Dao is the Abbot of the Monastery at Linh Son Buddhist Temple in Reservoir, Melbourne.
If Basilan province will only have a few more community leaders like Yusop Alano, the violence-pronce island would achieve real peace and development much sooner than anyone may dare hope.Last Updated on Aug252012
Before the 30 days fasting of the faithful Muslims commenced in this month of Ramadan, on August 18, the Young Moro Professionals Network (YMPN) Western Mindanao Chapter motored to a Mosque in Sangali, a distant rural village located in the eastern part of Zamboanga not to pray but to give free medical consultation and medicine to the poor residence there.
As Muslims celebrate Eid ul-Fitr, marking the end of Ramadan, the holy month of fasting, Australian Ambassador Bill Tweddell called for increased interfaith cooperation and action in order to bring about lasting peace and to improve the lives of Filipinos, especially in Mindanao.
The Australian Association for the Study of Religion, in conjunction with the Australasian Association of Buddhist Studies will hold a conference on Multiple Religious Modernities at the University of Western Sydney, 28 - 30 September 2012.Last Updated on Aug222012
In celebration of the coming of Spring, and to commemorate Islam Awareness Week (27 August to 1 September 2012), the Waikato Interfaith Council will undertake an Interfaith Tree Planting.
‘Listening to the Land’ is an initiative of the Mornington Peninsula Interfaith Network to bring people from all religious and spiritual backgrounds together to connect, or reconnect with the Land and be moved to care for it.
Lajna Imaillah Victoria (Women’s Axiliary of Ahmadiyya Muslim Association) is organising a women’s only event to promote Integration and dialogue, which brings together religious communities, parliamentarians and civics to share their thoughts on the promotion and establishment of peace in the modern world.
The Multifaith Association of South Australia will conduct the Third Annual Interfaith Symposium on the topic of Conversation, Community, Connectedness.
On Monday 9th of July 2012, eight representatives from Western regions of Victoria met at Brimbank City Council to discuss isssues relating to Interfaith Networks
The Baclod Fo Gang Shan Monastery invites people to experience three months of simple way of life in the Chan (Zen) tradition - learning the culture, arts, vegetarianism, and philosophy of Humanistic Buddhism.
Sultan Kudarat, Maguindanao, July 10 - “The time for peace is now,” Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Teresita Quintos Deles declared, emphasizing the "whole-of-government" approach of the P-Noy administration in pushing for peace.
Mindanao Interfaith Services Foundation recently undertook a field trip to assess preparations for disaster training. The Organisation also recently opened new premises.
30 Barangay Officers composing of Barangay Chairperson, Barangay Kagawads and Barangay Justice Personnel from the three local barangays convened at the Barangay Hall Conference Room at Tetuan, for peace and advocacy training. This was based on interreligious understanding and human rights.
Last May 8-14, a Philippine religious institute offered Mid-life Transition in Religious Life, a one-week program that aims to support the needs and concerns of religious formation houses and seminaries.
InterAct, an Australian Interfaith Youth Coalition, has addressed issues raised in the national census of 2011.
Affinity Intercultural Foundation, along with its partners; the Catholic Arch Diocese of Sydney, the Uniting Church Synod of NSW and ACT, the Columban Mission Institute and the NSW Jewish Board of Deputies held the 10th Abraham Conference in Sydney on the 3rd of June 2012
Rabbi Fred Morgan of Temple Beth Israel in Melbourne evaluates Francis Clooney's Comparative Theology as an exercise in inter-religious dialogue and understanding.
Columban Priest Fr Pat McInerney has been honoured by Australian Catholic University for promoting interfaith collaboration.
Several scholars from the University of Otago have gathered authors from around the country to produce a book of essays on Maori engagements with Christianity.
The New Zealand Human Rights Commission has put together a compilation of their annual reviews of religious diversity published in the Race Relations Report since 2004.
The forthcoming New Zealand Diversity Forum will faciliate a discussion between the rainbow groups in community and diverse faith groups.
Every year at the Diversity Forum there is a religious diversity forum on an issue addresses in the Statement on Religious Diversity.Last Updated on Jul262012
The Waikato and Auckland Interfaith Councils are hosting a “Raising Awareness of Religious Diversity” session on Sunday 19 August 1.30-3pm at the Aotea Centre.
A group of over 50 which included rabbis, priests, imams and lay people have lived and talked together for three days at Pallotti College, a Catholic retreat in the Yarra Valley participating in the ninth annual winter conference of the Jewish Christian Muslim Association.
The National Youth Forum on Cultural Diversity Forum to be held 17-20 August will include a tour of various religious sites of worship in Auckland.
The focus at the Annual Religious Diversity Forum, as part of the NZ Diversity Forum, will be on accommodating religious diversity and health services.
The Waikato Interfaith Council and the Auckland Interfaith Council will join forces at this year’s New Zealand Diversity Forum to host a session on “Raising Awareness of Religious Diversity”.
Canberra planners have been told that women in burqas will scare children in Gungahlin if Canberra's Muslim community proceeds with plans to build a mosque in the area.
Until 1960 Australians would likely have described their country as a "Christian" country, indeed as a "British Protestant" society which more or less tolerated Catholics, Jews and others. The results of the recent 2011 Census challenges Australia and Australians to consider what a Multi-faith society might mean in practice.
Australian Religious Response to Climate Change will conduct a Youth Climate Assembly in Canberra, Australia, between 25 - 28 June 2012, on the lawns of Parliament House.
The Silsilah Dialogue Institute is gathering young Christian and Muslim leaders and professionals from Zamboanga, Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi in several forums scheduled throughout the year to teach them the importance of building dialogue as a sustainable foundation of personal and social transformation.
The national interfaith movement received a shot in the arm from the largest ever national interfaith forum held in Hamilton on the weekend of 18-19 February.
- Fiji: PM says Prophet's teachings transcend all barriers
- First Islamic Museum in Australia inaugurated
- Interfaith Forum Opens in Hamilton, New Zealand
- Maryknoll nuns in Philippines celebrate interfaith work
- Philippines support Human Rights Education and Training
- New Zealand: Religious Diversity Concerns in the Workplace
- 9th New Zealand Interfaith Forum
- Philippines: Zamboanga Mayor supports World Interfaith Harmony Week
- Adelaide: Australia Day Multifaith Celebration
- Fiji: Permits for Religious Functions
- Fiji: Faith is more than just words
- Philippines consider challenges for World Interfaith Harmony Week
- World Interfaith Harmony Week
- New Zealand: Intolerance and the Virgin Mary
- Philippines: Declaration of Solidarity at Taluksangay Mosque
- Philippines: PAZSALAMAT 2011 Reflects Scope and Range of Interfaith Activities
- Philippines: Interfaith Organisations join Balsa Mindanao relief efforts
- Remembering the first NZ Christmas
- Christmas services go outdoors as quakes again hit New Zealand city
- Philippines: Woman leaders hold interfaith forum at UST
- New Melbourne TV program about Interfaith relations: "Harmony in Diversity"
- Australian Buddhist community represented at the first Global Buddhist Congregation
- Education enables reconciliation and hope
- Multi-faith centre plan gets united nod
- Women and Interfaith: Pilgrims of Peace, Pilgrims of Truth
- Fiji: Cultural Centre gives musical instruments to cultural and religious groups
- Creating Religious Harmony and Social Cohesion in the City of Hume
- Violence against women is wrong – on any day, in any way
- Philippines Youth tackle Climate Change
- Birth of Baha’u’llah celebrated in Perth
- Resident Ambassador strengthens relations between Australia and Holy See
- Mindanao Week of Peace launched in Zamboanga City
- Australia: Nonviolent Leadership for Interfaith Peacebuilders Program
- New Zealand - Annual Race Relations Reports
- New Zealand: 9th Annual National Interfaith Forum, 18-19 February 2012, Hamilton
- Auckland: Faithful chant devotionals round the clock
- Muslim, Christian peace advocates to hold interfaith dialogues in the Philippines
- Fiji: Faiths and Common Worship
- New Zealand: A Relevant Question
- New Zealand Labour Party create Interfaith Dialogue Portfolio
- Fiji: PM sends Diwali Message
- New Zealand:Minister stresses openness with Muslim community
- Fiji: Interfaith experience of Diwali
- Zetland Mosque: Seeking a Multifaith Australia
- Imagining a Better Future in a Multi-faith World
- Balangayan Conference Builds Solidarity Among Faith-based Groups
- Philippines: Interfaith Groups urged to support President's vision for Country
- Philippines: Spreading the Word on Interfaith Dialogue
- Diwali celebrated at NZ Parliament
- Dunedin Abrahamic Interfaith Group Annual Peace Lecture
- New Zealand: Multi-faith prayer services to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the Assisi Day of Prayer for World Peace
- Walking Humbly Journey in Tasmania
- Religions unite in harmony at Baha'i Temple in Sydney
- Intercultural Society Speaker at NZ Parliament Iftar Dinner
- Mindanao Interfaith Foundation facilitates SENZA FRONTIERE visitors to Mindanao
- NZ Wellington Iftar Dinner
- NZ Religious Diversity Forum at Claudelands
- Interfaith Service held in Sydney to commemorate 9/11
- Asia Pacific Youth Conference 2011
- Inter-religious Media Workshop to foster Peace
- Center for Islam-Christianity dialogue opens in Philippines
- Catholics ‘should learn from Muslims’
- Blair: Philippines perfect place to study faith, globalization
- Bike for Peace in Philippines
- Hindu Yoga Marathon in New Zealand
- We Share a Common Fate
- Blair Foundation to commence Interfaith Initiative
- Multifaith Coalition to counter violence
- Rabbis' launch Multifaith Guidelines
- New Zealand: Islam Awareness Week
- Interfaith dialogue generates goodwill
- Interfaith Search Fiji
- Interfaith September
- NZ: Immigration change set to beckon religious workers
- Merging marriage and mixed religion
- Religious Diversity at the New Zealand Diversity Forum
- Australia to host Interfaith Forum
- Interfaith in Australia: The Way Forward
- Universal Message of Love
- Interfaith Dialogue in Queensland